View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008575||ardour||bugs||public||2021-02-15 09:32||2021-03-03 13:28|
|Platform||Ryzen PC||OS||Manjaro||OS Version||KDE|
|Summary||0008575: Newly added audio tracks have unexpected and uncompensated latency|
|Description||In one session I'm working on, when I add new audio tracks seem to have extra latency (by ear it's like 30-50 ms).|
I'm attaching a video demonstrating the problem.
I'm using JACK back-end.
After closing and reloading the session the latency is gone (or is successfully compensated)
New track latency.ardour.zip (445,490 bytes)
||I'm attaching .ardour file of a session I'm experiencing this problem within, maybe it carries something within?|
||Fixed in 6.5-264-g4a5b355d3d|
||I've just reproduced this in 6.6.0.|
Audio tracks that were added in the current session have extra latency until I restart Ardour and reload the project.
Still occurs in 6.6.0.
Can you reproduce this reliably, or does it only happen sometimes?
Also can you can you confirm that this issue is caused by using jack2, while using jack1 (or any other Ardour backend) is fine?
|2021-02-15 09:32||unfa||New Issue|
|2021-02-15 09:32||unfa||Tag Attached: latency|
|2021-02-15 09:34||unfa||File Added: New track latency.ardour.zip|
|2021-02-15 09:34||unfa||Note Added: 0025520|
|2021-02-15 17:41||x42||Relationship added||duplicate of 0008472|
|2021-02-19 23:53||x42||Assigned To||=> x42|
|2021-02-19 23:53||x42||Status||new => resolved|
|2021-02-19 23:53||x42||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2021-02-19 23:53||x42||Note Added: 0025538|
|2021-03-03 10:37||unfa||Note Added: 0025583|
|2021-03-03 10:38||unfa||Status||resolved => feedback|
|2021-03-03 10:38||unfa||Resolution||duplicate => reopened|
|2021-03-03 10:38||unfa||Note Added: 0025584|
|2021-03-03 13:28||x42||Note Added: 0025585|