View Issue Details
|ID||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008599||bugs||2021-03-02 09:22||2021-03-02 09:45|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0008599: Push 2 not working properly in Ardour|
|Description||First, congrats for the new release, Ardour has really come a long way! I'm having a few issues with the Push 2 support, though. This is using a fairly new Push 2, updated to the latest firmware, working fine in both Ableton Live on Windows and Bitwig Studio on Linux.|
- All or some of the buttons (i.e., the ones that are supposed to light up because they are supported in Ardour, like Mix, Master, Scale, Play, Record, etc.) refuse to light up in a freshly created minimal Ardour session with just a single MIDI track. The buttons appear to work as described, it's just very hard to find them when they're not lit. ;-)
- This is a minor niggle, but once the buttons do light up, they aren't turned off again when Ardour exits.
I'm also having some issues specifically with the Scale feature. I can select scale and root all right in the Scale menu, but:
- The Scale menu looks garbled at the bottom (it looks like the last row of the mode menu spills over into the bottom row of root keys, see pic 1). (Sorry for the bad picture quality, I just couldn't get my camera to focus properly.)
- The pads don't light up properly (seemingly at random, or not at all, see pic. 2).
- Once the pads are pushed, they often go dark. At times (chromatic mode?), it's just the pad being pushed, other times (in key mode?) other pads go dark as well, apparently at octave distances -- it's as if Ardour tries to mimic Ableton's and Bitwig's behavior of lighting up the same note in different octaves, but the pads just go dark instead.
- When switching away to master or another track and coming back to the MIDI track, sometimes the entire grid remains dark.
|Steps To Reproduce||Most of this stuff happens seemingly at random, but I see at least some of it most of the time.|
- Create a new Ardour session with just one MIDI track in it and make sure that the Push 2 is enabled as a control surface and connected.
- Do all the buttons supported by Ardour light up?
- Switch to the scale menu. Do you notice the display glitches?
- Select a scale and root. Does the grid light up?
- Start pushing a few pads. Do they go dark?
- Switch to master and then back to the MIDI track. Is the grid still lit up properly?
|2021-03-02 09:22||aggraef||New Issue|
|2021-03-02 09:22||aggraef||Tag Attached: control|
|2021-03-02 09:22||aggraef||Tag Attached: surface|
|2021-03-02 09:22||aggraef||File Added: Ardour-Push2-ScaleMenu.png|
|2021-03-02 09:22||aggraef||File Added: Ardour-Push2.png|
|2021-03-02 09:45||aggraef||Note Added: 0025577|