View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008328||ardour||bugs||public||2020-07-22 20:04||2022-10-29 14:16|
|Platform||Debian GNU||OS||Linux||OS Version||(any)|
|Summary||0008328: group shared gain will not disable|
|Description||Group shared gain is still active when 1) group is deselected, and even when 2) shared gain is specifically deselected in group settings.|
|Steps To Reproduce||creat a group, move a fader|
Bug still present in 7.0. Let me give clearer steps to reproduce:
1. Create a group, deselect shared gain.
2. Pull back a fader in the group. Only one fader moves, as expected.
3. Shift-Click to zero that fader. All group faders will move.
The inverse is also true -
1. Select shared gain for the group.
2. Move a fader, all faders move as expected.
3. Shift-Click will only zero the fader for that single track.
It's a problem of modifier overloading.
Shift-click is used in ardour to "reset to default"
But "shift" is also the "override group setting" modifier.
We've had some discussions in the past about how to deal with this, but they have not gotten very far.