View Issue Details
|ID||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007616||bugs||2018-05-10 01:27||2018-06-12 11:28|
|Platform||Linux amd64||OS||Ubuntu||OS Version||16.04|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007616: Slow handling of markers|
|Description||Sometimes, when I get a huge number of xruns because of a bad plugin or my backup kicking in ardour gets unresponsive when I|
- try to delete markers,
- try to open the list of markers in the sidebar.
|Steps To Reproduce||- Do some weird stuff provoking xruns.|
- Try to delete the first xrun marker.
|Additional Information||Additional problems:|
- Markers seem to persist even if I don't save the project and reopen it in order to get rid of the markers.
- There seems to be no way to delete them at once. You have to click them one by one.
Because of this, it might take hours to delete all the markers and get back to work. There's no way out.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||As for the latter: there is a Lua Script "Delete xrun markers" - that comes with Ardour 5.12|
Thanks for the advice! I'll try it as soon as I run into that trouble again.
For the record: Yesterday ardour crashed when deleting one of just a few markers. I could reproduce that. It worked when I started with a different one.
Ok, the crash is reproducible:
- Open a project
- Press play button
- Create markers by pressing the tab key several times
- Press stop button
- Start deleting markers in random order
For less complex projects, I had to create about 50 markers until I could make it crash. But finally I could.