View Issue Details
|ID||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007359||bugs||2017-05-15 20:56||2020-04-19 20:18|
|Platform||Linux||OS||ArchLinux||OS Version||up2date system|
|Product Version||5.X git (version in description)|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007359: OSC feedback for fader automation not working properly on fader mode.|
|Description||The following has been tested on Ardour 5.9 obtained as the binary installer from ardour.org site.|
When a OSC control surface is set to use /strip/gain instead /strip/fader using the OSC message /set_surface with last parameter set to 0 the automation feedback is not working as expected:
- For Manual and Write modes ardour can be controlled using /strip/gain ssid level_dB. The ardour osc feedback is also reporting the correct values of dB through the message /strip/gain
- For Play and Touch mode, ardour's feedback is always through the message /strip/fader independently of the selection made by /set_suface command. Also, if the surface mode is set to gain, the feedback in these automation modes reports the correct gain level but using the /strip/fader message, which is wrong to report dB values.
|Steps To Reproduce||It can be easily reproduced using the oscsend and oscdump commands:|
1. Start a terminal and open a oscdump session: oscdump 8000
2. Start Ardour and configure the OSC surface properly.
3. Start a second terminal and send the osc setup message:
oscsend localhost 3819 /set_surface iiii 0 159 3 0
4. Then test that ardour faders are capturing gain osc messages, for example:
oscsend localhost 3819 /strip/gain if 1 -10
5. Set a fader to play or touch mode and play an automation curve. It can be seen in the oscdump output as fader movements are send in the described wrong format. This is using the /strip/fader instead of /strip/gain
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Commit fee4b7b3ea6079c should have fixed that. It would have been in 5.9... but we had power out and the router here did not boot when the power came on.
Please test a nightly tomorrow.
||I confirm that this has been fixed in 5.9.13. Thank you!!!|
||Commit fee4b7b3ea6079c fixes this.|
Issue has been closed automatically, by Trigger Close Plugin.
Feel free to re-open with additional information if you think the issue is not resolved.
|2017-05-15 20:56||sapista||New Issue|
|2017-05-15 22:34||ovenwerks||Status||new => assigned|
|2017-05-16 00:44||ovenwerks||Note Added: 0019702|
|2017-05-16 00:44||ovenwerks||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2017-05-22 20:53||sapista||Note Added: 0019731|
|2017-05-22 20:53||sapista||Status||feedback => new|
|2017-05-22 21:23||ovenwerks||Note Added: 0019733|
|2017-05-22 21:23||ovenwerks||Status||new => resolved|
|2017-05-22 21:23||ovenwerks||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2017-05-22 21:23||ovenwerks||Assigned To||=> ovenwerks|
|2020-04-19 20:18||system||Note Added: 0023750|
|2020-04-19 20:18||system||Status||resolved => closed|