View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005379||ardour||bugs||public||2013-03-12 22:47||2013-03-18 15:43|
|Summary||0005379: User midi maps cause unexpected behavior|
|Description||The existence of one or more MIDI binding maps in $HOME/.config/ardour3/midi_maps causes the following behavior:|
- System binding maps no longer appear in the MIDI Bindings dropdown list.
- Any map in $HOME/.config/ardour3/midi_maps appears twice in the dropdown.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install a valid MIDI binding map in $HOME/.config/ardour3/midi_maps
2. Launch Ardour 3
3. Enable the Generic MIDI control surface, double-click to select a binding, and click the dropdown list.
Further diagnosis performed:
1. Removed all user binding maps. Behavior returns to normal.
2. Placed my new map in the system midi map directory. Normal behavior.
3. Moved a system midi map to my local map directory. Odd behavior returns.
4. Copied map to a different system with the same version of Ardour, and performed all of the same test. Identical behavior observed.
- At no time did any map exist in more than one location on the same system.
- In all cases, maps were loaded successfully, and appeared to work as expected.
- No error observed anywhere, at any time.
|Additional Information||System 1:|
OS: lubuntu 12.10 LTS
Kernel: linux 3.2.0-37-generic i686 SMP
Libraries: standard with distribution
Ardour: 3.0, installed in /opt/Ardour-3.0_14207
OS: Ubuntu Studio 12.10 LTS
(otherwise, same as System 1)
Attached: A custom map file, used in the described procedure.
|Tags||No tags attached.|