View Issue Details

IDCategoryLast Update
0000010bugs2003-11-03 15:47
ReportertaybinAssigned Totaybin 
Reproducibilityalways 
Status closedResolutionfixed 
Product Version 
Fixed in Version 
Summary0000010: odd file names don't work with import
DescriptionNeed to change reg-exps to be more sturdy or find another mechanism. Characters such as '(' and ')' interfere with importing.
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

taybin

2003-10-09 00:09

administrator   ~0000014

I could not reproduce this bug.

taybin

2003-10-17 00:41

administrator   ~0000024

From Luke Yelavich:

I tried a couple of ideas. Using the latest CVS as of approximately 2:30PM
10 OCT 2003. Spaces in the file name work no problems. However, braces '[]'
don't. They also seem to be fine as characters in a Linux file name. The
interesting thing actually, is that if one sees them in a directory listing
in the shell, they appear as simple brace signs. However, when interracting
with the file, say renaming it on the command-line, there are backslashes
before each brace character.

taybin

2003-10-21 01:12

administrator   ~0000030

I can't duplicate the problem with brackets either.

taybin

2003-10-21 02:23

administrator   ~0000040

Can't duplicate this at all. Is it user error?

TheMuso

2003-10-24 13:30

reporter   ~0000080

Last edited: 2003-10-24 13:33

Ardour 0.9beta6, get the same error with brackets '[]'.

Exact procedure outlined below:

I took a WAV file I had lying around, and renamed it to test[track.wav
* Created new Ardour session, and imported file into file library and session.
* Played the file.
* Closed Ardour, saving the session.
* Reloaded Ardour, and loaded the saved session from the file menu.

I got the following error:
ERROR: Cannot compile soundfile regexp for use (invalid range edit)
ERROR: FileSource: "test[track.wav" not found when searching /mnt/ardour/sessions/test-session/sounds
ERROR: SndFileSource: cannot open file "test[track-1.wav" (ould not open file.)

Software:
* Ardour 0.9beta6
* Jack 0.80.0
* libsndfile 1.0.5
* libsamplerate 0.0.15
* raptor 0.9.9
* liblrdf 0.3.1
* libxml2 2.5.4
* libart_lgpl 2.3.11
* gdbm 1.8.0
* ALSA drivers 0.9.7a
* Glibc 2.3.1
* gcc 3.2.2

Luke

edited on: 10-24-03 06:33

taybin

2003-10-24 19:50

administrator   ~0000087

Okay, I've been able to duplicate this. It only happens when loading a session. Not when initially importing/embedding the file.

taybin

2003-11-02 03:54

administrator   ~0000136

Fixed in my tree.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2003-09-16 16:00 taybin New Issue
2003-09-16 16:20 taybin Status new => acknowledged
2003-10-09 00:08 taybin Status acknowledged => assigned
2003-10-09 00:08 taybin Assigned To => taybin
2003-10-09 00:08 taybin Status assigned => closed
2003-10-09 00:09 taybin Status closed => feedback
2003-10-09 00:09 taybin Resolution open => reopened
2003-10-09 00:09 taybin Note Added: 0000014
2003-10-09 00:09 taybin Status feedback => closed
2003-10-09 00:45 taybin Status closed => feedback
2003-10-17 00:41 taybin Note Added: 0000024
2003-10-21 01:12 taybin Note Added: 0000030
2003-10-21 01:12 taybin Reproducibility always => unable to reproduce
2003-10-21 02:23 taybin Status feedback => resolved
2003-10-21 02:23 taybin Resolution reopened => unable to reproduce
2003-10-21 02:23 taybin Note Added: 0000040
2003-10-24 01:56 taybin Status resolved => feedback
2003-10-24 01:56 taybin Resolution unable to reproduce => reopened
2003-10-24 13:30 TheMuso Note Added: 0000080
2003-10-24 13:33 TheMuso Note Edited: 0000080
2003-10-24 19:50 taybin Note Added: 0000087
2003-10-24 19:50 taybin Reproducibility unable to reproduce => always
2003-10-24 19:50 taybin Status feedback => confirmed
2003-10-30 03:44 taybin Status confirmed => assigned
2003-10-30 03:44 taybin Projection none => minor fix
2003-10-30 03:44 taybin ETA none => < 1 week
2003-11-02 03:54 taybin Status assigned => resolved
2003-11-02 03:54 taybin Resolution reopened => fixed
2003-11-02 03:54 taybin Note Added: 0000136
2003-11-03 15:47 taybin Status resolved => closed