|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2018-12-18 21:02 PST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007702||ardour||features||public||2018-12-06 12:46||2018-12-06 12:46|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007702: Add an option to space out selected regions|
|Description||I was asked by another Ardour user - how could he insert 1-second pauses between a collection of touching audio regions.|
I've made an experiment and a solution I came up with is to:
1. Extend all the regions by 1 second so they overlap
2. Right click on them still being selected and use Selected regions > Positions > Sequence regions
3. Then what's left is shortening the regions back by one second
The result is perfect - the regions are now evenly spaced out by 1-second long gaps.
There are two problems however:
- the regions may not contain enough material that'd allow making them longer - in such case the results will be inconsistent.
- This operation requires precision to avoid any errors in the editing process - I don't know if there's an easy way to make all regions longer y an exact amount of time - user has to assist this by himself to make sure it's done precisely - which might not be.
I thought it could be a very nice addition to the editing toolset of Ardour if there was an option to "Space out" selected regions.
This could both move regions apart, as bring them together - to unify the gaps between them by a determined amount of time. It could be as simple s adding a "gap" parameter to in dialog window for the "Sequence regions" function.
What do you think?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2018-12-06 12:46||unfa||New Issue|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2018 MantisBT Team|