View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008512||ardour||bugs||public||2020-12-21 13:32||2021-01-05 16:15|
|Summary||0008512: MIDI not editable after first import|
|Description||When editing a MIDI file (like deleting or moving notes) after first importing it (and before restarting Ardour), the changes can be seen visually, but playing only plays the original (unedited) MIDI file.|
Saving and restarting the changes previously made take effect and any new changes in the MIDI track work as expected.
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Create a MIDI file (in Muse, in my case). I made one with a single track and only 3 notes.|
2) Create new Ardour session.
3) Import the MIDI file.
4) Add synth plugin.
5) Play it and all is fine.
6) Edit it. Visually you see the notes changes. But playing plays the notes before editing.
7) Create a new MIDI region in the same track. Add some notes. It plays as expected.
8) Move some notes around, and it also works as expected.
9) Play the imported region, and the previous edits take effect.
10) Editing this imported region has again no effect!
11) Edit the created region, and it again works as expected.
12) Play the imported region and the second set of changes now play correctly.
13) Saving and restarting the imported region works as expected.