View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008381||ardour||features||public||2020-08-25 16:55||2020-08-25 16:55|
|Summary||0008381: Vertically zooming in for Automation curve editor|
|Description||When I edit an automation curve using visual editor (green curve), it maps lowest point to minimal value supported by a plugin and highest point to the maximal value.|
This is logical, but sometimes I want to fine tune something and use only subset of the available range. This makes it inconvenient to edit the points, as it least to almost straight line. I need to resort to right_click->Edit... for almost every point.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Start Ardour|
2. Import some track
3. Add "AM pitchshifter" plugin
4. Configure "pitch shift" parameter to use automation ("Play")
5. Go to editor and show the curve (right click -> Automation -> Processor automation -> AM pitchshifter -> Pitch shift.
6. Try to adding sequence of points like 1.0 -> 1.01 -> 1.015 -> 0.996 -> 0.992 -> 1.0.
7. Notice that values go from 0.25 to 4.0, making it tricky to fine tune values with mouse.
8. Try to zoom in the curve vertically using scrolling. No luck, only horizontal zooming. Try to explore context menus for the plugin, look at settings - no luck.
|Tags||No tags attached.|