View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007793||ardour||bugs||public||2019-08-24 12:30||2019-08-24 12:30|
|Platform||Windows 10||OS||Windows||OS Version||10|
|Summary||0007793: GUI freeze when changing parameters in the "a-High/Low pass Filter" plugin.|
|Description||(see "Summary" and "Steps To Reproduce")|
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Start Ardour 5.12|
2. Create an "a-High/Low-Pass Filter" plugin.
3. Open GUI for that plugin.
4. Make sure "Plugin analysis" is visible.
5. Move a slider rapidly back and forth.
6. After a few seconds (if your computer is slow enough), GUI starts freezing.
|Additional Information||Tested on windows and linux, two different graphic cards, two different CPUs. Looks like it takes a lot of time to draw graphics, and when changing slider values, it can take so much time to update the graphics (probably caused by a flood of events) that the GUI freezes.|
A workaround is to remove the line with "siz = lpf_chunk" from the function dsp_run.
This does not happen in Ardour 5.6.0.
(clone of issue https://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=7787)
|Tags||No tags attached.|