View Issue Details
|ID||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006841||bugs||2016-03-28 11:33||2020-04-19 20:18|
|Platform||PC||OS||Windows||OS Version||Win 8.1|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0006841: Current code is crashing if I select 'Window->Bindings Editor'|
|Description||If I load a session (in either the current build of Mixbus or Ardour) I see a crash if I select 'Window->Bindings Editor'|
Selecting that option ends up calling 'KeyEditor::search_string_updated()' - which in turn calls 'KeyEditor::current_tab()'
'KeyEditor::current_tab()' returns NULL. So I'm guessing that we somehow haven't set up a current tab for the Bindings editor.
|Additional Information||2 points might be significant:-|
1) I discovered this in my MSVC build but I assume it also affects gcc build(s).
2) The keybindigs editor stuff got changed a week or two ago, so I'm guessing that's where the problem crept in.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
This seems to be related to my previous bug report about mismatched text case:-
In other words, if I open my file "ardour.keys" and I then capitalize the entries for each Bindings name, the crash goes away (i.e. the Bindings Editor window then gets displayed correctly).
||The changes to the bindings rendered old "ardour.keys" files invalid. Deleting and recreating the file should work fine. I created a pull request to prevent that particular crash but the keyeditor will be empty in these cases.|
||What do I need to do to recreate ardour.keys? Deleting it doesn't cause a new one to get generated (unless I'm missing something...)|
This seems to have been fixed by Commit 1316e85d (Mathias Buhr - 28-Mar-2016).
FWIW 'ardour.keys' still contains the wrong capitalization (so the Bindings window is empty when opened) but at least it doesn't crash any more.
||This file should be created/updated when you customize the default keybindings, e.g. when you edit them via the dialog.|
||Thanks napcode. The problem is that if the file is missing / corrupted / wrongly capitalized etc, nothing shows up in the dialog (so there's nothing available to edit).|
||Yes, I know. Did you delete that file? Maybe there is another one to delete as well. In any case it should work if you delete/rename ardours cfg folder.|
Issue has been closed automatically, by Trigger Close Plugin.
Feel free to re-open with additional information if you think the issue is not resolved.
|2016-03-28 11:33||johne53||New Issue|
|2016-03-28 13:39||johne53||Note Added: 0018083|
|2016-03-28 18:26||napcode||Note Added: 0018085|
|2016-03-29 07:05||johne53||Note Added: 0018090|
|2016-04-05 10:57||johne53||Note Added: 0018132|
|2016-04-05 10:57||johne53||Status||new => resolved|
|2016-04-05 10:57||johne53||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2016-04-05 10:57||johne53||Assigned To||=> johne53|
|2016-04-05 11:03||napcode||Note Added: 0018133|
|2016-04-05 11:34||johne53||Note Added: 0018134|
|2016-04-05 13:12||napcode||Note Added: 0018135|
|2020-04-19 20:18||system||Note Added: 0023609|
|2020-04-19 20:18||system||Status||resolved => closed|